Thursday, February 14, 2013

I'm guilty and I accept the plea


So the other night in Bible Study we were talking about out past sins and how there needed to be admittance, acceptance & repentance. We talked about allocation and how you needed to admit your guilt in full detail to receive a plea bargain. A plea bargain can only work if you are willing to admit that you were guilty, if not be prepared to go trial and give an account yourself. The truth of the matter is that we are SINNERS, we couldn't save ourselves. We needed a savior and only Jesus Christ could do it. I’m guilty of sin, and I need to admit it so that I can accept the plea bargain that Jesus Christ offered on the cross. I was guilty of…fornication, porn watching, masturbation, lust, bicuriosity,  pride, being a Pharisee, lying, scheming, conniving, cheating, hatred, spite, envy, insecurity, self-hate, sarcasm as a result of insecurity, manipulation, cursing, anger, excessive unnecessary attitude, excessive drinking, hypocrite, ambitious, gossiper, a lack of identity, blasphemy, judgmental, and living outside of my financial means to name a few. Today I encourage you be free from the guilt of sin. Christ Jesus already came and died so you & I could have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10). You can think that I’m crazy but I don’t care because I have FREEDOM. I encourage you to face your past because if you don’t have a past, you don’t have a Christ. I’m guilty, and I accept the plea!

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.
-1st Timothy 1:15-16


No comments:

Post a Comment